* [9fans] boot question
@ 2004-11-08  7:46 Tim Newsham
From: Tim Newsham @ 2004-11-08  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've been reading through the kernel to try to figure this one
out but I still don't get it.

The port specific data builds an *init* process to fire off
the machine.  This process does an exec of "/boot".  The
config file causes a "boot" file to be added to the devroot
when main calls links().  However, it looks like the "boot"
file is added under the "/boot" directory of devroot, right?
How does the exec get to the boot file (/boot/boot?  or is it
/boot/boot/boot?  After I log in to a running system /boot and
/boot/boot are directories).  Is there some bind/mount operation
somewhere that I'm missing?

Tim N.

* Re: [9fans] boot question
@ 2004-11-08  8:00 ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2004-11-08  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

See /sys/src/9/port/initcode.c.

* Re: [9fans] boot question
@ 2004-11-08 10:06 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2004-11-08 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>After I log in to a running system /boot and
>>/boot/boot are directories).  Is there some bind/mount operation

if /boot/boot is a directory, i think something is wrong.

term% ls -l /boot/boot
--r-xr-xr-x / 0 forsyth forsyth 53396 Jul  1 19:04 /boot/boot