* [9fans] plan9.iso and 9atom.iso fail on SATA & IDE system
@ 2009-09-02 19:31 Bela Valek
From: Bela Valek @ 2009-09-02 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,

The test subject is a desktop PC, it has SATA primary harddrive and
IDE master optical drive (according to the BIOS).

I tried to install with the regular CD (Aug. 15), it detected the SATA
harddrive only. I also tried Erik's 9atom.iso, it detected the IDE
drive only, so it booted the Live CD only. It reported 47 e820 entries
during boot.

(i try to get access to the other test subject too, so i can post its
error messages. the problem is, that its not in my possession)

Greetings: Béla

* Re: [9fans] plan9.iso and 9atom.iso fail on SATA & IDE system
@ 2009-09-02 20:10 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-09-02 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> The test subject is a desktop PC, it has SATA primary harddrive and
> IDE master optical drive (according to the BIOS).
>
> I tried to install with the regular CD (Aug. 15), it detected the SATA
> harddrive only. I also tried Erik's 9atom.iso, it detected the IDE
> drive only, so it booted the Live CD only. It reported 47 e820 entries
> during boot.

what date 9atom.iso?  the latest is from aug 26.  it detects
more hardware.

could you send me the output of pci or lspci -nv or whatever
offlist?

- erik

* Re: [9fans] plan9.iso and 9atom.iso fail on SATA & IDE system
@ 2009-09-03 17:27   ` Bela Valek
From: Bela Valek @ 2009-09-03 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2009/9/2 erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>:

> what date 9atom.iso?  the latest is from aug 26.  it detects
> more hardware.
>
> could you send me the output of pci or lspci -nv or whatever
> offlist?
>
> - erik

I sent you the lspci -nv output private. The 9atom.iso is the latest (Aug. 26).

Thank you for your help.

Greetings: Béla