* [9fans] Plan 9 on EC2 and Go
@ 2012-10-13  1:04 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2012-10-13  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

This might be of interest to some 9fans.

A few months ago -- with Richard's help -- I was able to clone a Plan
9 instance from the AMI he created on Amazon EC2 (check 9fans archive
for the original announcement). I've built and deployed new kernels to
it; it is relatively painless.

I've just deployed a test http server written in Go; you'll need an
HTML5 browser (requires Websocket) to see how it works. I'm wondering
how it performs, if you can, please try it out.
http://ec2-79-125-53-233.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/

The server is serving its own directory and you can see the source here:
http://ec2-79-125-53-233.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/src/

-Skip

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on EC2 and Go
@ 2012-10-13  1:07 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2012-10-13  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri Oct 12 21:06:16 EDT 2012, skip.tavakkolian@gmail.com wrote:
> This might be of interest to some 9fans.
>
> A few months ago -- with Richard's help -- I was able to clone a Plan
> 9 instance from the AMI he created on Amazon EC2 (check 9fans archive
> for the original announcement). I've built and deployed new kernels to
> it; it is relatively painless.
>
> I've just deployed a test http server written in Go; you'll need an
> HTML5 browser (requires Websocket) to see how it works. I'm wondering
> how it performs, if you can, please try it out.
> http://ec2-79-125-53-233.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/
>
> The server is serving its own directory and you can see the source here:
> http://ec2-79-125-53-233.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/src/

cool!

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on EC2 and Go
@ 2012-10-13  2:45 ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2012-10-13  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 10/12/12 9:04 PM, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:
> This might be of interest to some 9fans.
>
> A few months ago -- with Richard's help -- I was able to clone a Plan
> 9 instance from the AMI he created on Amazon EC2 (check 9fans archive
> for the original announcement). I've built and deployed new kernels to
> it; it is relatively painless.
>
> I've just deployed a test http server written in Go; you'll need an
> HTML5 browser (requires Websocket) to see how it works. I'm wondering
> how it performs, if you can, please try it out.
> http://ec2-79-125-53-233.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/
>
> The server is serving its own directory and you can see the source here:
> http://ec2-79-125-53-233.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/src/
>
> -Skip

Here's the link to the announcement:
http://9fans.net/archive/2012/05/453