* [9fans] Help: Manually set Plan 9 as Win 9x boot option?
@ 2001-11-05 10:21 Matt Senecal
From: Matt Senecal @ 2001-11-05 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Is there any way to manually setup Plan 9 as a Win9x boot option?

The primary drive on my system is an Ultra-100 DMA drive, and requires
a special card (by Promise Technology) to run on this system. The Plan
9 installer cannot see this drive. Plan 9 was installed on an older
IDE drive, the primary slave, which is plugged into the primary IDE
bus. I tried setting Plan 9 as a win9x boot option, but the installer
couldn't see my boot drive, so that didn't work. Is there any way I
can set this up manually? I tried creating a boot disk, but it didn't
work, either.

This is my second Plan 9 system, and I'm hoping to network the two
together.

* Re: [9fans] Help: Manually set Plan 9 as Win 9x boot option?
@ 2001-11-05 17:36 ` Matt Senecal
From: Matt Senecal @ 2001-11-05 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Many thanks! :)

<presotto@closedmind.org> wrote in message
> Yes, here's some examples:
>
> % cat /n/c:/autoexec.bat:
>
> @ECHO OFF
> GOTO %config%
>
> :plan9
> C:\PLAN9\LD.COM sdC0!dos!plan9/9load
> GOTO end
>
> :dos
> GOTO end
>
> :windows
> C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\DOSKEY.COM
>
> SET Path=C:\PROGRA~1\THINKPAD\UTILIT~1;
>
> REM The following line creates the hibernation file.
> if not exist C:\save2dsk.bin C:\PROGRA~1\THINKPAD\UTILIT~1\phdisk /c /f
<C:\PROGRA~1\THINKPAD\UTILIT~1\yes

@ 2001-11-05 13:18 presotto
From: presotto @ 2001-11-05 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

[...]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2051 bytes --]