* [9fans] cwfs64x+cryptsetup+mirror?
@ 2013-05-25 13:06 trebol
From: trebol @ 2013-05-25 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yes erik, I mean cwfs's mirror feature, sorry.

Any experience with this and cryptsetup? I'm going to make a new plan9 installation
(9front because I don't know how to use cryptsetup with bell's plan9) which will be
my primary os, so I would like to know some other users's experiences.

> the usual technique is to email geoff at plan9..bell-labs.com
> and ask for a contrib directory and an account.

Thanks Steve. I'm putting order in my staff and learning to make proper mk installations.
When I finish this I will email geoff.

Regards,
trebol.

* [9fans] cwfs64x+cryptsetup+mirror?
@ 2013-05-23 15:07 trebol
From: trebol @ 2013-05-23 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello everyone,
Anyone has used cryptsetup with cwfs64x and fs's mirror feature?
Any reliability problems?

Also, weeks ago I send a mail to contrib@plan9.bell-labs.com without response.
I would like to share some ape ports and dictionaries for dict.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
trebol.

* Re: [9fans] cwfs64x+cryptsetup+mirror?
@ 2013-05-23 14:25 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2013-05-23 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Also, weeks ago I send a mail to contrib@plan9.bell-labs.com without response.
> I would like to share some ape ports and dictionaries for dict.

I don't believe that address is used much any more.

the usual technique is to email geoff at plan9..bell-labs.com
and ask for a contrib directory and an account.

Once you have this you can either put .tgz files on sources by hand:

	9fs sources
	cp package.tgz /n/sources/contrib/$user/

or even use the contrib package managment system built by fgb.

This can be bootstraped using:

	9fs sources
	/n/sources/contrib/fgb/root/rc/bin/contrib/install fgb/contrib

then look at the manual for contrib(1) for more info.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] cwfs64x+cryptsetup+mirror?
@ 2013-05-23 14:11 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-05-23 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu May 23 10:08:21 EDT 2013, trebol55555@aol.com wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Anyone has used cryptsetup with cwfs64x and fs's mirror feature?
> Any reliability problems?

fs would seem unnecessary in combination with cwfs, since cwfs
can make mirrors all on its own.  and the native mirrors have features
that fs' don't.

- erik