* [9fans] for richard miller: plan9 & mini-itx
@ 2004-01-09 16:05 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2004-01-09 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

[NB. Sending to Richard's address fails with "possible forward loop", thus
I'm unable to contact him directly. Also, I thought this was a way of letting
him know of the problem anyway. sorry].

Hi,

	I've seen in 9fans that you seem to be using
a non-mobile mini itx with plan 9. Which vga card does it have?
Do you have any recommendation for a mini itx that could be used
(ether/vga) with plan 9?

thanks a lot in any case.

* Re: [9fans] for richard miller: plan9 & mini-itx
@ 2004-01-09 17:26 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2004-01-09 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

1. Coincidentally, I'm having trouble sending mail to Nemo. Smtp calls mxdial to
find an mx record for plan9.escet.urjc.es, but dns fails with error message
"dns failure", which prevents smtp from looking for a direct ip route.
I don't know if this is peculiar to my dns configuration.

2. I use a micro-atx motherboard which has a different VIA chipset (PL133) from
the one used in mini-itx.  PL133 graphics is supported by Plan 9. I don't know
of any mini-itx boards with supported graphics.

-- Richard

* Re: [9fans] for richard miller: plan9 & mini-itx
@ 2004-01-09 17:31   ` William Josephson
From: William Josephson @ 2004-01-09 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 05:26:30PM +0000, Richard Miller wrote:
> I use a micro-atx motherboard which has a different VIA chipset (PL133) from
> the one used in mini-itx.  PL133 graphics is supported by Plan 9. I don't know
> of any mini-itx boards with supported graphics.

Out of curiosity, where do you purchase these boards?

 -WJ

* Re: [9fans] for richard miller: plan9 & mini-itx
@ 2004-01-09 17:35     ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2004-01-09 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> I use a micro-atx motherboard which has a different VIA chipset (PL133) from
>> the one used in mini-itx.  PL133 graphics is supported by Plan 9. I don't know
>> of any mini-itx boards with supported graphics.
>
> Out of curiosity, where do you purchase these boards?

http://www.linden-computech.com

* Re: [9fans] for richard miller: plan9 & mini-itx
@ 2004-01-09 17:41 jmk
From: jmk @ 2004-01-09 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Although we haven't bought anything yet, resources I know of are

	http://www.mini-itx.com
	http://store.ituner.com/ituner/
	http://www.idotpc.com/