* [9fans] Question about acme and $acmeaddr
@ 2008-01-25  9:55 Bengt Kleberg
From: Bengt Kleberg @ 2008-01-25  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Greetings,

I have started to use acme and would like to know how to use the
environment variable $acmeaddr.
I have the following script:

echo acmeaddr $acmeaddr '$*' $*

If I B1 on the file name only (in a tag) and the B2-1 on the script I get:

acmeaddr $* nibsOam

ie, $acmeaddr is empty. Is this as expected? The manual page says
''an environment variable $acmeaddr is created that holds, in the
form interpreted by button 3, the fully-qualified address of
the extra argument.''
This made me expect at least something in $acmeaddr.

Best Wishes,
bengt
--
Those were the days...
   EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides

* Re: [9fans] Question about acme and $acmeaddr
@ 2008-01-25 20:15 ` Fazlul Shahriar
From: Fazlul Shahriar @ 2008-01-25 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Greetings,
>
> I have started to use acme and would like to know how to use the
> environment variable $acmeaddr.
> I have the following script:
>
> echo acmeaddr $acmeaddr '$*' $*
>
> If I B1 on the file name only (in a tag) and the B2-1 on the script I get:
>
> acmeaddr $* nibsOam
>
> ie, $acmeaddr is empty. Is this as expected? The manual page says
> ''an environment variable $acmeaddr is created that holds, in the
> form interpreted by button 3, the fully-qualified address of
> the extra argument.''
> This made me expect at least something in $acmeaddr.

I think it's because you're clicking on something on the tag.  How can
it give a 'fully-qualified address' for text on the tag?  You need
to click/select something in the body.