* [9fans] kill process httpd
@ 2004-05-09 20:25 zer0db
From: zer0db @ 2004-05-09 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Im a new user to plan9 and I managed to get the http server up but how do
I stop the process. I tried kill httpd , stop httpd and when i run ps the
process is still sleeping. what am I doing wrong?
Thanks brian

* Re: [9fans] kill process httpd
@ 2004-05-09 21:04 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2004-05-09 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

assuming you're piping the results of kill httpd into rc (ie, kill httpd | rc)
the problem is quite likely to be that httpd becomes "none", a different user
with notionally restricted access.   if you're the host owner, you could try {Kill httpd | rc};
note the capital K

it's just a suggestion.  these things have changed a bit over the years
and there are no dates attached to my memories.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2617 bytes --]

From: zer0db@fl2600.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] kill process httpd
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 16:25:55 -0400 (EDT)

@ 2004-05-09 21:11   ` zer0db
From: zer0db @ 2004-05-09 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> assuming you're piping the results of kill httpd into rc (ie, kill httpd |
> rc)
> the problem is quite likely to be that httpd becomes "none", a different
> user
> with notionally restricted access.   if you're the host owner, you could
> try {Kill httpd | rc};
> note the capital K
>
> it's just a suggestion.  these things have changed a bit over the years
> and there are no dates attached to my memories.

Thanks the capitol K did it.