* [9fans] Raspberry Pi Inferno OS Native beta1 release!
@ 2014-05-02 23:30 Oleksandr Iakovliev
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Oleksandr Iakovliev @ 2014-05-02 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi Plan9/Inferno folks!

I am happy to announce the beta release of Inferno OS port to Raspberry Pi.
Finally it is the state when wm/wm can be executed.
There are some important points reached for this stage:
1. Mouse driver
2. Working wm/wm
3. Default memory split 240/16
4. A lot of small fixes and polishing
5. By default (for easy access) whole "/" is shared at port 564

So, if you had a temptation to to give a try to a native Inferno OS for
experiments, it is now a simple way with cheap and easy-to-get raspberry pi.

Download link: http://tor.lynxline.com/inferno-raspberry-pi-beta1.img.zip

Repository: http://code.google.com/p/inferno-rpi/

Announce: http://lynxline.com/inferno-raspberry-pi-image-beta1/

* Re: [9fans] Raspberry Pi Inferno OS Native beta1 release!
@ 2014-05-03  0:27 ` erik quanstrom
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-05-03  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I am happy to announce the beta release of Inferno OS port to Raspberry Pi.

excellent.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Raspberry Pi Inferno OS Native beta1 release!
@ 2014-05-03  5:05 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2014-05-03  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> So, if you had a temptation to to give a try to a native Inferno OS for
> experiments, it is now a simple way with cheap and easy-to-get raspberry pi.

Fabulous!

++L

* Re: [9fans] Raspberry Pi Inferno OS Native beta1 release!
@ 2014-05-03  7:26   ` Daniel Peyrolon
From: Daniel Peyrolon @ 2014-05-03  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Great to know!

I've been following your blog for quite a time, and was waiting for this!
Awesome!

--
Daniel

* Re: [9fans] Raspberry Pi Inferno OS Native beta1 release!
@ 2014-05-03 12:31 ` Joseph Stewart
From: Joseph Stewart @ 2014-05-03 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thanks yshurik! You're my hero!

Great platform for Inferno evangelism!

-joe

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Oleksandr Iakovliev <yshurik@lynxline.com>wrote:

> Hi Plan9/Inferno folks!
>
> I am happy to announce the beta release of Inferno OS port to Raspberry Pi.
> Finally it is the state when wm/wm can be executed.
> There are some important points reached for this stage:
> 1. Mouse driver
> 2. Working wm/wm
> 3. Default memory split 240/16
> 4. A lot of small fixes and polishing
> 5. By default (for easy access) whole "/" is shared at port 564
>
> So, if you had a temptation to to give a try to a native Inferno OS for
> experiments, it is now a simple way with cheap and easy-to-get raspberry
> pi.
>
> Download link: http://tor.lynxline.com/inferno-raspberry-pi-beta1.img.zip
>
> Repository: http://code.google.com/p/inferno-rpi/
>
> Announce: http://lynxline.com/inferno-raspberry-pi-image-beta1/

* Re: [9fans] Raspberry Pi Inferno OS Native beta1 release!
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-05-13 16:44 ` Oleksandr Iakovliev
From: Oleksandr Iakovliev @ 2014-05-13 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, inferno-os

For people following inferno-rpi,

Finally found half-hour to make the booting just from fat boot partition
on SD.
Now makes it even simpler to try regarding files etc:

http://lynxline.com/inferno-rpi-boot-from-dos-partition/
http://tor.lynxline.com/inferno-raspberry-pi-beta1-fat.zip