* Re: [9fans] nokia n900! (was: syscall 53)
@ 2014-05-21 18:24 Nicolas Bercher
From: Nicolas Bercher @ 2014-05-21 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 21/05/2014 17:36, lucio@proxima.alt.za wrote:
 > PS: I have resurrected an old Nokia (5110, but I'm not sure) phone,
 > but it's been borrowed and I have my doubts that I will be seeing it
 > again any time soon.  Maybe this forum can help me decide what GSM
 > equipment is safe from interference by the networks and their
 > information masters?  My current hate-object is my Galaxy S4.

I'm using the n900, it's running maemo (based/compatible on/with Debian
armel) which is half no-longuer supported, which means no more updates
(or so).  I'm happy to use Git, ssh, emacs org-mode and drawterm
(without Rio for the moment) on it.  It also supports large µSD cards
(say 64GB + internal 32GB = really comfortable!).

There's also an on-going motherboard drop-in replacement-upgrade
project for it:
http://neo900.org/

Nicolas (who broke the too-deep thread)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-05-21 18:24 UTC | newest]