* [9fans] NetBSD venti server
@ 2014-07-19 15:17 trebol
From: trebol @ 2014-07-19 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone.

I'm turning my NetBSD gateway in a venti server with plan9port.  Reading
the list I have saw a lot of considerations about the configuration.
I'll appreciate any information (links to docs?) about setting venti.
The man pages and /sys/doc/venti/ are too much technical for me now!.
Maybe it's time to dig in file systems/servers and study the venti
implementation (Any introductory docs suggestion about this will be
appreciated too) to be able to make my own decisions. Or just

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Setting_up_Venti/index.html

Index 5% of Arenas, go on with the defaults, and see the sunset on the
beach with my hands on my nape?

I plan mirror the venti disk with RAIDframe (two 250GB sata disks),
and use it to incremental backup my work with vac(1).  I was thinking
of encrypt the disks with cgd.

Also, p9p doesn't support NetBSD-amd64, and current NetBSD-i386
is broken.  I had to compile in Netbsd-i386 4.0 in Qemu, and use
emulators/netbsd32_compat40:

	install netbsd32_compat40
	Compile p9p in netbsd-4.0 i386 (needs perl)
	cp i386's libX11.so.6.2 to /emul/netbsd32/lib and soft link to
		libX11.so.6
		libX11.so
	create /etc/ld.so.conf:
		/lib
		/usr/lib
		/emul/netbsd32/lib
	create ptys:
	# cd /dev
	# sh MAKEDEV opty

For now, all is going like a charm.  I hope this will be usefull to someone.

Nice summer (Or winter).
trebol.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-07-19 15:17 UTC | newest]