* [9fans] Mouse Cursor
@ 2005-06-15  4:18 Jeremy English
From: Jeremy English @ 2005-06-15  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a nvidia vanta video card. Everything was working fine until I
did a pull last week. After rebooting, I started to get fifo errors
when rc was trying to start. Turning off hardware acceleration in
/rc/bin/termrc fixed this problem. Now rc is up but the mouse cursor
is not being drawn.  When I move the mouse I just see a colored square
(the cursor's mask?). How do I fix this or restore the driver for my
video card?
--
jeremy

* Re: [9fans] Mouse Cursor
@ 2005-06-18  5:28     ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-06-18  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> What happens when you pull on fossil?  (What do you do if
> you want it to change the kernel?)

fossil kernels boot off 9fat.  9load doesn't know how to read a fossil
partition, but it will boot /386/9* kernel as it is aware of kfs
partitions.

* Re: [9fans] Mouse Cursor
@ 2005-06-18  4:53   ` Tim Newsham
From: Tim Newsham @ 2005-06-18  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Russ Cox wrote:
> You should be able to cp /386/_9pcdisk /386/9pcdisk
> and then reboot.  I am assuming that you are using kfs,
> because otherwise pulling should not have changed the
> kernel you were running.

What happens when you pull on fossil?  (What do you do if
you want it to change the kernel?)

> Russ

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/