* Re: [9fans] fossil write protection
@ 2004-05-02 18:58 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-05-02 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Hi
>
> I have done a fossil installation from cd. How do I remove the write
> protection ,disk/kfscmd allow doesnt work ?
>
> /Michael Grunditz

connect to the fossil console and do a new srv with -AWP arguments
(see the fossilcons man page):

% con -l /srv/fscons
main: srv -AWP fs2
main: [ctrl+\]
>>> q
% mount /srv/fs2 /n/boot

this step is performed automatically by the /dist/replica/network
script whenever you do a 'replica/pull', in fact there may be a
-AWP-ed console left over in /srv/replica -- try mounting that.

add your username (or a special one) to the 'sys' group for trivial
system administration edits.  almost everything in Plan 9 has group
writable permissions.

andrey

* [9fans] fossil write protection
@ 2004-05-02 20:48 Michael Grunditz