* [9fans] scrolling during pull
@ 2006-12-09 13:39 Glenn Holmer
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Glenn Holmer @ 2006-12-09 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Newbie question: I update by running "/usr/glenda/bin/rc/pull" in a
terminal, but it doesn't scroll until I hit page down.  Why not?  Also,
is this the right way to update?

* Re: [9fans] scrolling during pull
@ 2006-12-09 13:48 ` csant
From: csant @ 2006-12-09 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Newbie question: I update by running "/usr/glenda/bin/rc/pull" in a
> terminal, but it doesn't scroll until I hit page down.  Why not?  Also,
> is this the right way to update?
By design. Rightclick the rio window and enable scrolling if you like the
scroll-along.
/c

* Re: [9fans] scrolling during pull
@ 2006-12-09 14:23 ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2006-12-09 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Newbie question: I update by running "/usr/glenda/bin/rc/pull" in a
> terminal, but it doesn't scroll until I hit page down.  Why not?  Also,
> is this the right way to update?

Yes, the middle mouse button offers you the option to turn scroll on
(I start RIO with -s).

++L

* Re: [9fans] scrolling during pull
@ 2006-12-09 16:14 ` Heiko Dudzus
From: Heiko Dudzus @ 2006-12-09 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Newbie question: I update by running "/usr/glenda/bin/rc/pull" in a
> terminal, but it doesn't scroll until I hit page down.  Why not?  Also,
> is this the right way to update?

It's not a wrong way but not really necessary when using fossil.
Essentially, glenda's pull script invokes 'replica/pull -v
/dist/replica/network'.  Before, it turns permission checking off for
kfs and turns it on again after pulling.  You only need the script if
you installed on kfs.  If you installed on fossil, you can pull by
doing:

# replica/pull -v /dist/replica/network

See replica(1) for details (especially for how to solve conflicting
changes).

Heiko

* Re: [9fans] scrolling during pull
@ 2006-12-10 22:20   ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2006-12-10 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Some of us might find it easier to remember
/usr/glenda/bin/rc/pull than the exact replica
command line.

I know I do, and I wrote replica.

Russ