* [9fans] plan9port on AIX
@ 2015-05-21 21:49 Benjamin Huntsman
From: Benjamin Huntsman @ 2015-05-21 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

So, it's been a few years since I did any work on it, but I'm trying to update the AIX support a bit.

I know there aren't lots of home AIX users, but it seems everywhere I've worked professionally has had gobs of AIX deployed.

My primary goal is to have sam and acme running.

I got lots of stuff building and working, including sam -d.  However, there is an issue when trying to run it with the graphical interface, and the problem seems vaguely familiar, so I thought I'd throw it out here to see if anyone could help with a hint to point me in the right direction...

When I run sam, the samterm window pops up and looks correct.  However, if I right-click, the menu pops up, but is empty.  Just a green rectangle with no text.  At that point, samterm hangs and I have to kill the sam process.  Alternatively, if I try to type in the sam command window, it will then hang.

I suspect the issue is in devdraw, because acme exhibits similar behavior.  Upon launch of acme, an initial empty white window pops up, and then nothing happens.  However, unlike sam, the acme process can be stopped using ctrl-c.

Sound familiar?  If not, I'll keep poking at it.

Thanks in advance!

-Ben

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-05-21 21:49 UTC | newest]