* [9fans] Plan 9 gateway
       [not found] <597543548.2121061.1478011779614.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2016-11-01 14:49 ` G B
From: G B @ 2016-11-01 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Presently I'm running IPF on a FreeBSD firewall. ?Maybe I have a huge misunderstanding of a Plan 9 setup, but would it be possible or just not work, to have a standlone CPU server connected to the cable modem, then use trampoline(8) to forward port 80 traffic to another Plan 9 server running httpd, and forward port 25 to another Plan 9 server running smtpd?
Then on the httpd and smtpd Plan 9 servers import the CPU server's (gateway) external interface into these two?
Also, on my Windows machine on another network, could I Drawterm to the CPU server and import the external interface to get Internet access?