* [9fans] Q (qemu on mac)
@ 2007-12-21  9:01 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2007-12-21  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

Anyone discovered how to send a middle click to plan9 running
under qemu on a PowerBook? Alternitively do people who do this
tend to run drawterm and plan9 in Q "headless"?

Thanks,

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] Q (qemu on mac)
@ 2007-12-21 11:18 ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2007-12-21 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Shift+Right click
On Dec 21, 2007, at 4:01 AM, Steve Simon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone discovered how to send a middle click to plan9 running
> under qemu on a PowerBook? Alternitively do people who do this
> tend to run drawterm and plan9 in Q "headless"?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Steve

* Re: [9fans] Q (qemu on mac)
@ 2007-12-21 12:05 ` Gorka Guardiola
From: Gorka Guardiola @ 2007-12-21 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Dec 21, 2007 10:01 AM, Steve Simon <steve@quintile.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone discovered how to send a middle click to plan9 running
> under qemu on a PowerBook? Alternitively do people who do this
> tend to run drawterm and plan9 in Q "headless"?
>
> Thanks,

There is a bug in Q anyway which means pressing one button
of the mouse takes out others (so no chording). I have been wanting to
fix it for
some time but hadn´t have the time.

--
- curiosity sKilled the cat

* Re: [9fans] Q (qemu on mac)
@ 2007-12-22 10:43   ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2007-12-22 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Shift+Right click

sadly, though shift right-click works on plan9 running native on
machines with a two button mouse, powerbooks have only one
button so there is no "right" to click.

the lone button generates a button 1 click, apple/control click is
button 3 but I cannot work out how to generate button 2 (necessary
for sam and rio); I don't use acme so the lack of mouse chording is
less problem for me.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] Q (qemu on mac)
@ 2007-12-22 14:25     ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2007-12-22 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Then combine it to Shift+Command+Click. I use an iMac, so that's as
much help as I can give.

On Dec 22, 2007, at 5:43 AM, Steve Simon wrote:

>> Shift+Right click
>
> sadly, though shift right-click works on plan9 running native on
> machines with a two button mouse, powerbooks have only one
> button so there is no "right" to click.
>
> the lone button generates a button 1 click, apple/control click is
> button 3 but I cannot work out how to generate button 2 (necessary
> for sam and rio); I don't use acme so the lack of mouse chording is
> less problem for me.
>
> -Steve

* Re: [9fans] Q (qemu on mac)
@ 2007-12-22 15:16   ` Gorka Guardiola
From: Gorka Guardiola @ 2007-12-22 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Dec 21, 2007 1:05 PM, Gorka Guardiola <paurea@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2007 10:01 AM, Steve Simon <steve@quintile.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone discovered how to send a middle click to plan9 running
> > under qemu on a PowerBook? Alternitively do people who do this
> > tend to run drawterm and plan9 in Q "headless"?
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> There is a bug in Q anyway which means pressing one button
> of the mouse takes out others (so no chording). I have been wanting to
> fix it for
> some time but hadn´t have the time.

I didn´t say, I plug in a mouse.

--