From: Dean Ash <Dean.Ash@Ingenix.com>
To: "'9fans@cse.psu.edu'" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: RE: [9fans] stats: ethererr
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:21:52 -0500	[thread overview]

yep on the boot floppy it's listed as elnk3 which I'm fairly sure matches
the 10mps card listed on ibms website that more than likely came with this
machine.

Problem is that now I'm back to where I was before. I plugged my p9 machine
into a good port, tested my cable to the port from my computer (it's ok) and
tried DHCP again. (ip/ipconfig -DG) this time in stats I got in: 120 out:
113 with all other rows being 0 so no errs as far as p9 is concerned.

Possibly related under /srv/dns.txt the only line in there says read error
in Buffer.load. Again I'm ignorant.

at this point I can only think that it's the driver or the card. neither of
which do I know how to diagnose.

*sigh* since I've been going at this for a few weeks and ,with the exception
of today's irreproducible error, haven't made any progress I think it might
be time to give up on my dream of using plan 9 here at work. I just don't
know enough to intelligently debug the situation. :-(

but then again maybe I'll come back at it again tomorrow. gotta do some work
now =)

thanks for your help

Dean