* Re: [9fans] drawterm + scroll button mouse on IBM T42
@ 2004-11-01  2:10 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2004-11-01  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

 :
> However, I have no middle button
> control.   How I can do this.

SHIFT + right button is your friend.

* Re: [9fans] drawterm + scroll button mouse on IBM T42
@ 2004-11-01  2:14 ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-11-01  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> SHIFT + right button is your friend.

No, I don't like this.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] drawterm + scroll button mouse on IBM T42
@ 2004-11-01  2:16   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-11-01  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> > SHIFT + right button is your friend.
>
> No, I don't like this.

i saw a cool, expensive, small, VAIO laptop today with a 3 button mouse, but it had a pointing stick :(

* Re: [9fans] drawterm + scroll button mouse on IBM T42
@ 2004-11-01  2:38     ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-11-01  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i saw a cool, expensive, small, VAIO laptop today with a 3 button mouse, but it had a pointing stick :(

Stick, yes, T42 has this, and the middle button is for scroll, I don't know
what it is called though.   I want to use this scroll button as the ordinal
middle button.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] drawterm + scroll button mouse on IBM T42
@ 2004-11-01  2:59       ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-11-01  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

By the way, I tried to use marsv through this wireless LAN (56M),
and found it's fast enough to show them to students while in
my lecture...  The remaining problem is it does reach only short
distance.☺   Our construction has square shape like below:

A=====
  ||        ||
  ||        || B
  =====

It doesn't reach from A to B in the same floor, sigh.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] drawterm + scroll button mouse on IBM T42
@ 2004-11-02  1:07     ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-11-02  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: russcox, 9fans

> search the
> archives.

Sorry, I haven't payed any attention to WinXP, because I'd never
believed I may be one of that user.☺   Now, I'm forced to...

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] drawterm + scroll button mouse on IBM T42
@ 2004-11-01 17:38     ` Ronald G. Minnich
From: Ronald G. Minnich @ 2004-11-01 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russ Cox, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Russ Cox wrote:

> i don't believe you have to do that.
> i've posted instructions for hacking around this
> in the xp registry a handful of times.  search the
> archives.

sorry, I did not read fast enough. These were linux instructions ...

maybe there is a way in linux to get 3 buttons + glide, but I annoyed with
the glide pad anyway and turned it off.

ron

* Re: [9fans] drawterm + scroll button mouse on IBM T42
@ 2004-11-01 17:31   ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-11-01 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i don't believe you have to do that.
i've posted instructions for hacking around this
in the xp registry a handful of times.  search the
archives.

russ

@ 2004-11-01 17:21 ` Ronald G. Minnich
From: Ronald G. Minnich @ 2004-11-01 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2004-11-01  8:59   ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-11-01  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: christian.grothaus, 9fans

> On my thinkpad (R40), if have to disable the touchpad in the bios
> in order to make the third button work.

Inspired by your suggestion, I searched into WinXP mouse setting,
and found the way to make scroll function off.   It solved my problem.
Now I can use scroll button as middole button.

Thanks a lot!

Kenji  --a beginner of WinXP and Thinkpad☺

* Re: [9fans] drawterm + scroll button mouse on IBM T42
@ 2004-11-01  8:30   ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-11-01  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: christian.grothaus, 9fans

> On my thinkpad (R40), if have to disable the touchpad in the bios
> in order to make the third button work.

In T42, the third button is working as it is expected with the default
setting.   (I don't like touchpad.☺)

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] drawterm + scroll button mouse on IBM T42
@ 2004-11-01  8:18 ` Christian Grothaus
From: Christian Grothaus @ 2004-11-01  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:06:04 +0900, Kenji Okamoto
<okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Ok, I'm going to use drawterm with WinXT on my new IBM T42.
>
> My notebook is using wireless network (Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG),
> and I got success to login through this device to an our CPU server.
> Then, I ran acme, yes, no problem... However, I have no middle button
> control.   How I can do this.

On my thinkpad (R40), if have to disable the touchpad in the bios
in order to make the third button work.

Christian

* [9fans] drawterm + scroll button mouse on IBM T42
@ 2004-11-01  2:06 Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-11-01  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ok, I'm going to use drawterm with WinXT on my new IBM T42.

My notebook is using wireless network (Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG),
and I got success to login through this device to an our CPU server.
Then, I ran acme, yes, no problem... However, I have no middle button
control.   How I can do this.

I have two kinds of point device, (1) IBM pointing rod with two buttons+scroll
buttons and (2) two button mouse pad.   I'm using the first device.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, I suppose this wireless device is not supported yet.  Am I correct?

Kenji