* Re: [9fans] added new user
@ 2013-08-15 11:18 OC
From: OC @ 2013-08-15 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I edited cmdline.txt, removed user=glenda, but it still logs in to it. Same if I cp cmdline-term.txt....

Sent from my Samsung Mobile

* Re: [9fans] added new user
@ 2013-08-16 13:27 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2013-08-16 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I edited cmdline.txt, removed user=glenda, but it still logs in to it.

If you type 'ps' I think you may find it is now starting as user "none",
which is the default if you just hit Return for the "user" prompt.

There is still some flakiness in the raspberry pi usb keyboard support,
and in particular it's possible to get spurious auto-repeat behaviour if
the driver misses a key-up event.  So if the Return at the end of your
response to the "root is from" prompt gets auto-repeated, you won't get
a chance to enter the user name.

The hacky workaround (sorry about this) is to hit the backspace key quickly
after entering your response to the "root is from" prompt, to break off
any auto-repeat.

The usb keyboard/mouse driver really needs to be replaced altogether.

An interim improvement might be to have a way of disabling auto-repeat.

* Re: [9fans] Added new user
@ 2013-08-17 18:00 ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2013-08-17 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 08:17:10 PDT Roswell Grey <orangecalx01@gmail.com> wrote:

> The thing is, I don't even get a "Root is from" prompt. The console doesn't
> prompt for anything. The last line it displays is something with /init/rc
> ...no prompt.

Strange.... My guess is you forgot to remove
    nobootprompt=local

Show us the output of
    echo $user

Also show us your cmdline.txt

    c:
    cat /n/c/cmdline.txt

It should have something like:

    readparts=1 nvram=#S/sdM0/nvram ipconfig=

* Re: [9fans] Added new user
@ 2013-08-17 15:17 Roswell Grey
From: Roswell Grey @ 2013-08-17 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans