* Re: [9fans] wavelan cards question: orinoco is/is not avaya?
@ 2002-08-30 14:51 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-08-30 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I don't think Avaya cards have anything to do
with Orinoco.  The WaveLAN/Orinoco cards went
to Agere, and have recently been bought by Proxim.

* Re: [9fans] wavelan cards question: orinoco is/is not avaya?
@ 2002-10-02 13:38 ` david presotto
From: david presotto @ 2002-10-02 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In my 9 month stint with Avaya, we were selling Orinoco cards under
the Avaya trademark.  However, as I was leaving (in March) the talk
was to drop Orinoco in favor of something else for our rebrand.
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2002-08-30 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It identifies itself as:

	"Avaya Wireless PC Card",

Inserting above line in /sys/src/9/pc/wavelan.c seems to do the job.
(setting - I think - only essid (mayb not even that);
 have not tried encryption , and only access point mode).

Axel.

@ 2002-08-30 15:07 nigel
From: nigel @ 2002-08-30 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-08-30 14:44 nigel
From: nigel @ 2002-08-30 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I suspect that it is exactly the same.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2608 bytes --]

From: Axel Belinfante <Axel.Belinfante@cs.utwente.nl>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:56:47 +0200

Rephrased: does the orinoco driver support avaya cards?
(my first (and single) experiment seems to indicate: no)
Or are these (completely?) different?

I'm sorry if this is a silly question...
Axel.

* [9fans] wavelan cards question: orinoco is/is not avaya?
@ 2002-08-30 13:56 Axel Belinfante