* [9fans] Video mode problem under VirtualBox
@ 2012-01-03 10:49 Artem Novikov
From: Artem Novikov @ 2012-01-03 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Video mode problem under VirtualBox

After installation, under VB 2.1.8, I encountered the same problem
that has been under QEMU:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.plan9/browse_thread/thread/bb7e753ab87ef983/d5e35c3374f58902

And solution the exact same, rebuild kernel:

1.) user none
% 9fat:
% ramfs
% ed /n/9fat/plan9.ini

replace strigs

monitor=vesa              => monitor=ask
vgasize=1024x768x24 => vgasize=ask

2.) reboot under glenda and rebuild kernel

% cd /sys/src/9/pc
% mk 'CONF=pcf'
% 9fat:
% cp /sys/src/9/pc/9pcf /n/9fat/

3.) reboot, set '1024x768x24' and 'vesa'
4.) video works OK

Maybe someone who has English better than I have add this solution to
"Installation troubleshooting (Plan 9 wiki)"?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-01-03 10:49 UTC | newest]