* [9fans] Paper on 9P and synthetic filesystems
@ 2007-12-12 11:59 Enrico Weigelt
From: Enrico Weigelt @ 2007-12-12 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi folks,

is there any paper which shows the benefits of synthetic filesystems
for application software development ?

I'd like to show people in several other projects (eg. moz) why
it's good to split large applications into several subsystems
speaking to each other via synthetic filesystems (eg. instead
of individual IPC mechanisms).

thx
	http://patches.metux.de/

* Re: [9fans] Paper on 9P and synthetic filesystems
@ 2007-12-12 12:06 ` Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2007-12-12 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: weigelt, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Maybe some of the Plan B papers might help there.
See lsub.org (the papers page).

@ 2007-12-12 19:49 ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2007-12-12 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: weigelt, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

There are a few here: http://cm.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Papers/index.html

Probably from those there, the closest to what you want could be:
The Ubiquitous File Server in Plan 9 by C. H. Forsyth and Distributed
Computing With Plan 9 by Sape Mullender and Dave Presotto.

uriel