* [9fans] sdiahci.c on sources broken?
@ 2008-09-25 19:58 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2008-09-25 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

this is from eriks contrib:

static void
westerndigitalhung(Drive *d)
{
	if((d->portm.feat&Datapi) == 0 && d->active &&
	    TK2MS(Ticks-d->intick) > 5000){
		dprint("%s: drive hung; resetting [%lux] ci=%lux\n",
			d->unit->name, d->port->task, d->port->ci);
		d->state = Dreset;
	}
}

and this is the version on sources:

static void
westerndigitalhung(Drive *d)
{
	if((d->portm.feat&Datapi) == 0 && d->active && TK2MS(d->intick) > 5000){
		dprint("%s: drive hung; resetting [%lux] ci %lx\n",
			d->unit->name, d->port->task, d->port->ci);
		d->state = Dreset;
	}
}

if i understand it right, d->intick is just the point in time it started some
io request. it does:

p->intick = MACHP(0)->ticks;
p->active++;

so it seems the version on sources is wrong, and eriks version does the right thing.
(calculating the time the operation takes (current time - time of request start))

can somebody confirm this?

--
cinap

* Re: [9fans] sdiahci.c on sources broken?
@ 2008-09-26  4:41 ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2008-09-26  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 21:58 +0200, cinap_lenrek@gmx.de wrote:
> so it seems the version on sources is wrong, and eriks version does
> the right thing.
> (calculating the time the operation takes (current time - time of
> request start))
>
> can somebody confirm this?

I can vouch for the fact that Erik knows what he's doing, specially as
regards disk operations: he's demonstrated that to me on more than one
occasion.  I can also raise the issue that he has trouble getting
changes approved through the patch system, probably because his fixes
are hard to validate and/or bring in line with the P9 philosophy.

Bottom line, trust him!  And when it all works, let the community know.
--
Lucio De Re (Off site)
Ph: +27 83 251 5824

* Re: [9fans] sdiahci.c on sources broken?
@ 2008-09-26  6:37   ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2008-09-26  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I can vouch for the fact that Erik knows what he's doing, specially as
> regards disk operations: he's demonstrated that to me on more than one
> occasion.  I can also raise the issue that he has trouble getting
> changes approved through the patch system, probably because his fixes
> are hard to validate and/or bring in line with the P9 philosophy.

There is a huge queue of at least three and four months old patches,
including some by federico and rsc. So I very much doubt it has
anything to do with Erik's patches in particular, he just happens to
have contributed more than others.

Peace

uriel