* [9fans] Remote auth server
@ 2014-03-24 13:35 Paul A. Anokhin
From: Paul A. Anokhin @ 2014-03-24 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi!

I'm trying to setup my first multi-host Plan 9 system.
I was thinking about running file server/auth server on a VPS so that
I can access it from anywhere.

I configured cpu service on my VPS and I can connect to it via
drawterm. But when I try to boot a terminal that is configured to use
it as auth server, the terminal stops with a message:
mount: auth_proxy: authread: auth protocol not finished.

But is it actually possible to have the auth server and terminal not
on the same LAN? Every configuration example I've seen has all the
resources on the same IP address block.

Thanks!

--
   Paul Anokhin