* [9fans] Radeon and fossil
@ 2004-06-17  9:05 Greg Bacon
From: Greg Bacon @ 2004-06-17  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a box with a Radeon 7000.  I found Philippe Anel's driver,
but his howto seems to be geared toward a kfs install rather than
fossil.

Is there a more sensible way of making the edits -- no rio, remember --
than copying into /n/c (or /n/a), updating, mounting a -AWP view,
copying the modified sources back, and rebuiling the kernel and aux/vga?

Will the mkfiles need modification to run under /n/fossil?

Thanks,
Greg

* Re: [9fans] Radeon and fossil
@ 2004-06-17  9:37 ` Philippe Anel
From: Philippe Anel @ 2004-06-17  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Bacon, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

At 11:05 AM 6/17/2004, you wrote:
>I have a box with a Radeon 7000.  I found Philippe Anel's driver,
>but his howto seems to be geared toward a kfs install rather than
>fossil.

I don't understand that point.

>Is there a more sensible way of making the edits -- no rio, remember --
>than copying into /n/c (or /n/a), updating, mounting a -AWP view,
>copying the modified sources back, and rebuiling the kernel and aux/vga?

Hmm, you can use ed(1) ... :)

>Will the mkfiles need modification to run under /n/fossil?

No.

>Thanks,
>Greg

         Philippe.