* [9fans] pdf viewer
@ 2013-11-13 19:33 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-11-13 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

has anybody done any work on a reasonable pdf viewer for plan 9?
gs just doesn't cut it.  it works very poorly on 64 bit machines, and
also fails on a lot of datasheets i need to use even on 32-bit machines.
poor pdf support is my #2 problem with plan 9.  (just barely edged out
by dns).

- erik

* Re: [9fans] pdf viewer
@ 2013-11-14 12:29 ` Nicolas Bercher
From: Nicolas Bercher @ 2013-11-14 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 13/11/2013 20:33, erik quanstrom wrote:
> has anybody done any work on a reasonable pdf viewer for plan 9?
> gs just doesn't cut it.  it works very poorly on 64 bit machines, and
> also fails on a lot of datasheets i need to use even on 32-bit machines.
> poor pdf support is my #2 problem with plan 9.  (just barely edged out
> by dns).
>
> - erik

Erik, what's your #1 problem with Plan 9?
Web browser?
Nicolas

* Re: [9fans] pdf viewer
@ 2013-11-14 13:36   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-11-14 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Nov 14 07:31:17 EST 2013, nbercher@yahoo.fr wrote:
> On 13/11/2013 20:33, erik quanstrom wrote:
> > has anybody done any work on a reasonable pdf viewer for plan 9?
> > gs just doesn't cut it.  it works very poorly on 64 bit machines, and
> > also fails on a lot of datasheets i need to use even on 32-bit machines.
> > poor pdf support is my #2 problem with plan 9.  (just barely edged out
> > by dns).
> >
> > - erik
>
> Erik, what's your #1 problem with Plan 9?
> Web browser?

it's right there: dns.

- erik