* [9fans] new realtek ether81[39].c drivers
@ 2007-07-28 20:12 geoff
From: geoff @ 2007-07-28 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've just pushed out new realtek drivers that use the controllers'
built-in multicast filters when multicast is enabled, rather than just
enabling promiscuous mode.  This should make multicast less costly,
which matters more now because ipv6 relies heavily on multicast.

I've tested the new 8169 driver lightly on a machine with a
pci-express 8168b.  I haven't tested the new 8139 driver, but the two
controllers are similar enough that I believe that the same changes
will work in it.  If any of you have machines with 8139s in them,
especially if you run ipv6, you might want to try out the new driver.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-07-28 20:12 UTC | newest]