* Re: [9fans] It looks like our GSoC application was rejected
@ 2008-03-19  7:19 Andrew Simmons
From: Andrew Simmons @ 2008-03-19  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>interested students should perhaps submit their plan 9 gsoc project
>proposals to the Hurd. i hear we have a connection there through a
>certain Thomas Bushnell, BSG ;)

Bushnell is no longer associated with the Hurd . Ironically, he
appears to have been sacked by Stallman after a licensing dispute as
to whether the GFDL, whatever that is, is really free.

* Re: [9fans] It looks like our GSoC application was rejected
@ 2008-03-19 10:16 ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2008-03-19 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

The GFDL governs documentation. It tries to keep your manuals free-as-
in-freedom. :-) Look at the absolute bottom of any page on Wikipedia.

@ 2008-03-19 11:59 ` Bill Gunshannon
From: Bill Gunshannon @ 2008-03-19 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <44671b480803190019i418869c8y8b861225303b527b@mail.gmail.com>,
	kodogo@gmail.com (Andrew Simmons) writes:
>>interested students should perhaps submit their plan 9 gsoc project
>>proposals to the Hurd. i hear we have a connection there through a
>>certain Thomas Bushnell, BSG ;)
>
> Bushnell is no longer associated with the Hurd . Ironically, he
> appears to have been sacked by Stallman after a licensing dispute as
> to whether the GFDL, whatever that is, is really free.

You mean someone else has finally stood up and said, "But the emperor
has no clothes on at all!"

bill

billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |