* [9fans] partdisk is greedy...
@ 2003-07-09 22:08 Martin Althoff
From: Martin Althoff @ 2003-07-09 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Starting of with a new installation on a previously used disk.
The point where partdisk comes around, I first deleted all partitions
previously on the disk (20GB Maxtor) and created a new one (a p1 0 512)
giving me a partition of just short or 4GB. Execute write, quit and I
land at partdisk again. It shows a blank partition table.

Accepting the default p1 on the blanked disk and writing that to the
mbr is fine. I can continue the installation.

Variants I have tried:
- Another disk (20GB IBM) - same effect.
- Putting a DOS (no, not denial of service) 2 GB partition on the disk
first. Same thing: if I allow partdisk to take the whole space things
are fine. Giving just a part of the disk does not work.

Is partdisk greedy?? Any other ideas? Help greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Martin

Written Wednesday, July 9, 2003 at 22:59:19

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-09 22:08 UTC | newest]