* Re: [9fans] httpd stats
@ 2002-11-14 17:24 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-11-14 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i don't know about numbers, but plan9.bell-labs.com has
been slashdotted a few times and not fallen over.

when we put up the 4e distribution, we got really
hammered, but by many large downloads rather
than many many small downloads.  the bottleneck
turned out to be the connection to the file server.
now we keep all the distribution files in a (large) ramfs
cache.

* [9fans] httpd stats
@ 2002-11-14 14:02 Sam
From: Sam @ 2002-11-14 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Has anyone done any serious hammering against httpd?  We
expect to experience a large amount of web traffic in the
next few months and if no one has performance numbers
yet, this would be a good opportunity to gather some.

If not, feel free to suggest any specific trait(s) you're
interested in and I'll do my best to collect the numbers.

Cheers,

Sam