* [9fans] hg-git on plan9
@ 2009-07-17 20:40 drivers
From: drivers @ 2009-07-17 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

	Ok, a few more things...perhaps someone with a bit of python knowledge might be able to shed some light on this. There is a simple way of fixing this by writing a custom mmap.py so everything is done transparently; however, I think I am missing a few things.

def simple_mmap(f, offset, size, access=mmap.ACCESS_READ):
    """Simple wrapper for mmap() which always supports the offset parameter.
    mem = mmap.mmap(f.fileno(), size+offset, access=access)

the above def is the one that we have to be taking into account there is another in pack.py that I've resolved by my mmap.py below:

import os

def mmap(fd, len, *args):
	return os.read(fd, len)

#garbage to take into account access field
#which here, is always read...
ACCESS_READ = 0

can someone else take a look at the dulwich code which can be found in the hg-git bitbucket repository:
http://bitbucket.org/abderrahim/hg-git/

and take a look at those functions that call simple_mmap -- it seems to me the only thing to take into account is offset and we can do this via file.seek(offset) before calling this simple mmap implementation.

i actually don't think that this seek is nessary since it seems its taken into account in the size+offset line -- though i guess we need to _get_ to offset in the file first

respectfully,

++james

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-07-17 20:40 UTC | newest]