* [9fans] cpu from one CPU server to another CPU server
@ 2015-11-04 17:49 Burton Samograd
From: Burton Samograd @ 2015-11-04 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

When I log into my first CPU server using drawterm, I try to cpu to my second CPU server and the first one in drawterm just hangs after entering the username/password.  After I run the cpu command, all subsequent windows in drawterm that I create with rio are blank like the whole system is hung.  I then have to kill my drawterm and reconnect after which everything is ok.

If I boot up a terminal with a local fossil I can successfully cpu into the other CPU server.

Any ideas on what is going on?

--
Burton

* Re: [9fans] cpu from one CPU server to another CPU server
@ 2015-11-05  2:47 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2015-11-05  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed Nov  4 11:15:04 PST 2015, burtons@inbox.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I log into my first CPU server using drawterm, I try to cpu to my second CPU server and the first one in drawterm just hangs after entering the username/password.  After I run the cpu command, all subsequent windows in drawterm that I create with rio are blank like the whole system is hung.  I then have to kill my drawterm and reconnect after which everything is ok.
>
> If I boot up a terminal with a local fossil I can successfully cpu into the other CPU server.
>
> Any ideas on what is going on?

this is likely an authentication issue.  changing to the local fossil
is likely skipping authentication.  you might try auth/debug to see what's going on.

also, i have this little wiggle in my lib/profile if the problem is not looking up
the auth server, but talking to factotum:

	if(! test -e /mnt/term/mnt/wsys){
		# cpu call from drawterm
		prompt=('; ' '')
		x=`{wc -l /mnt/term/mnt/factotum/ctl>[2=] || echo 0}
->		if(test $x(1) -gt 1 && ! ~ $sysname mikro µ)
->			bind /mnt/term/mnt/factotum /mnt/factotum
		if not
			auth/factotum
		termish terminal drawterm
	}

- erik

* Re: [9fans] cpu from one CPU server to another CPU server
@ 2015-11-06 16:24   ` Burton Samograd
From: Burton Samograd @ 2015-11-06 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Turned out to be 2 issues: 1 i didn't have an auth/authdom line in /lib/ndb/local and 2 I wasn't running keyfs prior to setting up my listeners.  Looks like it's working now, thanks for the top on auth/debug.

--
Burton