* [9fans] Failure, (was etherelnk3.c, now nonomp :-)
       [not found] <4d4ee297f401a1ca3ae4e6a1e1486317@plan9.bell-labs.com>
@ 2005-06-03 16:08 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2005-06-03 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jmk; +Cc: 9fans

** Copied to 9fans in case jmk misses it otherwise **

Jim, still on the same piece of (invaluable <grin>) hardware, it seems
to work OK with *nomp= and a single CPU, but fails erratically early
in the boot procedure if I expect to use both CPUs.

Do you have any suggestions on how best to debug the problem?  Is
there any useful information that would make debugging easier?

For the archive, I submitted a patch to /sys/src/9/pc/pci.c to detect
the PCI bus on the Intel ALT/Server as "config mode 2", but I'm not
sure whether it's appropriate elsewhere.  Since then, the 3C905B-TX
adapter is OK. There are more PCI funnies, though.

++L

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-06-03 16:08 UTC | newest]