* [9fans] Plan9 on flash memory
@ 2014-03-27 21:24 Szymon Olewniczak
From: Szymon Olewniczak @ 2014-03-27 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,
is it safe to install Plan 9 on flash device? I'm asking about this becouse I remember that there was a problem
with this on Linux becouse system saves data on the begining of the disk much more often than in the other blocks.

BR,
Szymon

* Re: [9fans] Plan9 on flash memory
@ 2014-03-27 21:32 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-03-27 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Mar 27 17:25:55 EDT 2014, szymon.olewniczak@rid.pl wrote:
> Hi,
> is it safe to install Plan 9 on flash device? I'm asking about this becouse I remember that there was a problem
> with this on Linux becouse system saves data on the begining of the disk much more often than in the other blocks.

it depends on the flash, and how it's used.  this is absolutely
no concern for consumer ssds.  (from most manufacturers, anyway.)

- erik