* [9fans] plan9 install error
@ 2007-08-14  8:51 jiangwei909
From: jiangwei909 @ 2007-08-14  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi everyone.
    I download the bz2 file of plan9 and unzip it. i install with this
iso file, when the
[copydist] prompt available, i press enter, i got a error:
replica/applylog bad database entry ''

I tried this step more time and got same error.
Anybody can give some advise?

regards

Jiang Wei

* Re: [9fans] plan9 install error
@ 2007-08-15  2:13 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-08-15  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Hi everyone.
>     I download the bz2 file of plan9 and unzip it. i install with this
> iso file, when the
> [copydist] prompt available, i press enter, i got a error:
> replica/applylog bad database entry ''
>
> I tried this step more time and got same error.
> Anybody can give some advise?
>
> regards
>
> Jiang Wei

the error you got indicates a line in the update db didn't have the
proper number of fields.

are you installing the dist from the network or from cd?  if from
cd, you might try (from a new window) tail -f /dist/replica/client/plan9.db.
all lines should have 7 fields.  if not, you probablly caught the cd mid-update.
if over the network, you might just try again.

- erik