* [9fans] 9contwente: anybody from the UK (thinking of) going?
@ 2004-12-14 14:14 Dave Lukes
From: Dave Lukes @ 2004-12-14 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm just looking at travel arrangements now,
having at last worked out that I _may_ be able to go ...

Does anyone know the best way to get there?

There's a very cheap deal from London Stansted to Eindhoven (Ryan Air),
but then you've got to trek from Eindhoven to Twente:-).

Cheers,
    Dave.

* Re: [9fans] 9contwente: anybody from the UK (thinking of) going?
@ 2004-12-14 17:07 ` Sape Mullender
From: Sape Mullender @ 2004-12-14 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Does anyone know the best way to get there?
>
> There's a very cheap deal from London Stansted to Eindhoven (Ryan Air),
> but then you've got to trek from Eindhoven to Twente:-).

It is indeed.  Basically, you'll end up taking a train from either Eindhoven or,
more likely, Amsterdam to Twente.  Railway timetables in www.ns.nl.
Take a train to Hengelo (on the Berlin-Amsterdam route, by the way).
In Hengelo, bus 15 (rush hour only) takes you onto the campus.
Bus 3 (direction Glanerbrug) takes you to the main entrance of the campus.
Ask the driver to announce the `University'.  You can get campus directions
at the entrance, known as Checkpoint Charlie (you'll see why).

	Sape