* [9fans] rb kernel vs acid
@ 2013-08-05  1:07 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-08-05  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

if i type src(main) when debugging a routerboard
kernel, i get rather puzzling output

	; acid 9rb
	9rb:mips ELF32 executable
	/sys/lib/acid/port
	/sys/lib/acid/mips
	acid; src(main)
	no source for ?file?	# fileline (see symbol(2))

this is especially odd since ktrace does work, acid
does appear to disassemble correctly, map() appears
to be reasonable and e.g., /bin/cat works as expected.

does anyone else see this, too?

by the way there is a patch for the type skew
in symbol(2): /n/sources/patch/mach-man-type

- erik

* Re: [9fans] rb kernel vs acid
@ 2013-08-05  4:59 ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2013-08-05  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> if i type src(main) when debugging a routerboard
> kernel, i get rather puzzling output
>
> 	; acid 9rb
> 	9rb:mips ELF32 executable
> 	/sys/lib/acid/port
> 	/sys/lib/acid/mips
> 	acid; src(main)
> 	no source for ?file?	# fileline (see symbol(2))
>
> this is especially odd since ktrace does work, acid
> does appear to disassemble correctly, map() appears
> to be reasonable and e.g., /bin/cat works as expected.
>
> does anyone else see this, too?

Yes, I have the same issue here.

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] rb kernel vs acid
@ 2013-08-05  5:04   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-08-05  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> > does anyone else see this, too?
>
> Yes, I have the same issue here.

i've found part of the problem is machbytype doesn't get the joke
with the type is 0x7f E L F.  supposing machbytype did the right thing
when faced with an elf header (with richer arguments), it's an open
question for me if libmach could then figure it out.

- erik