* [9fans] questions about trump and leak
@ 2003-04-15 21:05 Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2003-04-15 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Triggered by Russ' mention of trump I tried to have a look
at memory usage/leaks of a simple file server I'm playing
with ('working on').

Trump seems to indicate a free for each malloc I'm concerned about
(assuming I'm interpreting its output correctly).
Trump also gives some lines starting with ``0x00000000 free'' ;
do they mean that free gets passed a null pointer? Or?

Leak -b produces an image containing a red part.
However, leak -s gives me nothing (immediately a prompt).
This confuses me; what am I missing?

I updated yesterday evening, and just some minutes ago
made /sys/src/libc/port/pool.acid (leak complained it to be missing)

Thanks,
Axel.

* Re: [9fans] questions about trump and leak
@ 2003-04-15 21:20 ` rsc
From: rsc @ 2003-04-15 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Trump seems to indicate a free for each malloc I'm concerned about
> (assuming I'm interpreting its output correctly).
> Trump also gives some lines starting with ``0x00000000 free'' ;
> do they mean that free gets passed a null pointer? Or?

Yes.

> Leak -b produces an image containing a red part.
> However, leak -s gives me nothing (immediately a prompt).
> This confuses me; what am I missing?

This is a bug in leak -b.