* [9fans] int cpuserver = HELP!
@ 2003-12-16  9:51 Robert Sherwood
From: Robert Sherwood @ 2003-12-16  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi, all.

I have gotten plan9 installed. Thanks for the tip about moving the
cdrom drive to primary slave. That worked like a charm.

I am trying to set up the machine I installed as a CPU server, and I'm
having trouble getting the box to execute /rc/bin/cpurc.

As I understand it, the only thing required to cause init to launch
/rc/bin/cpurc is to compile and install a kernel with the following
lines in the mk file:

port
	int cpuserver = 1;

Of course, I'm sure there's more work to do to get a working CPU
server, but I can't seem to force init to launch "cpurc". Is there any
way to query my freshly compiled "9pccpu" kernel to verify that it's a
cpu kernel. I'm at my wits' end. It just keeps launching
/rc/bin/termrc.

Thanks,

Rob

* Re: [9fans] int cpuserver = HELP!
@ 2003-12-16 10:36 ` C H Forsyth
From: C H Forsyth @ 2003-12-16 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

port
	int cpuserver = 1;
boot cpu

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2847 bytes --]

From: Robert Sherwood <sherwood_robert@hotmail.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] int cpuserver = HELP!
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:51:57 GMT