* [9fans] attention Peter Cejchan
@ 2002-04-04  6:30 Laura Creighton
From: Laura Creighton @ 2002-04-04  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: lac

(Sorry to bother everybody else).

You are now in the delightful state where neither your old address
cejchan dot gli nor your new address next  dot gli is working.  If we
want to keep talking, we are going to have to find another way.  I get
mail from your new address just fine, but I can't send anything to you.

Laura Creighton

* Re: [9fans] attention Peter Cejchan
@ 2002-04-11  9:40 ` peter a. cejchan
From: peter a. cejchan @ 2002-04-11  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

lac@cd.chalmers.se (Laura Creighton) wrote in message news:<200204040630.IAA07064@boris.cd.chalmers.se>...
> (Sorry to bother everybody else).
>
> You are now in the delightful state where neither your old address
> cejchan dot gli nor your new address next  dot gli is working.  If we
> want to keep talking, we are going to have to find another way.  I get
> mail from your new address just fine, but I can't send anything to you.
>
> Laura Creighton

I'm not the only one having problems, look:
pac@next:~$ ping cd.chalmers.se
ping: unknown host cd.chalmers.se

;-)
 I'm trying to reach you starting 2002/04/05 --- but I continue having
problems on both sides: neither next.gli.cas.cz, nor cd.chalmers.se is
visible...

Please, if you can, ftp me to 147.231.139.3 usr:XXXXXXXX,
pwd:XXXXXXXX

[Moderator's Note:  I have a deep aversion to posting usernames and
 passwords in cleartext.  So the above have been obscured.]

It seems to be the last resort (except of paper mail, or pigeons)
pls retry if the address is not responding --> it just means that
plan9 is running that moment, not linux, which is properly configured.
Sigh. I would need some help with how to start at least ftp service on
p9 --> docs are too brief on that topic to be comprehensible to me
:-((((((((((((((((

Cheers, best regards, looking forward,
++pac.

[Yet another Moderator's Note: I've attempted to mail both Laura and
 Peter about this as our mail servers seem to be able to contact the
 mail servers for the mail domains they use.  The message to Laura
 seemed to get through.  Our exim logs show:

 2002-04-11 10:15:28 16vafw-000184-02 <= ccsdhd@bath.ac.uk U=mmdf P=pleasure S=2931 id=200204111015.aa15626@hinault.bath.ac.uk
 2002-04-11 10:15:34 16vafw-000184-02 => lac@cd.chalmers.se R=virus_checked T=remote_smtp H=haddock.cd.chalmers.se [129.16.79.2]
 2002-04-11 10:15:34 16vafw-000184-02 Completed

 However the message to Peter failed.  I received a failure message
 containing:

  pac@cejchan.gli.cas.cz
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<pac@cejchan.gli.cas.cz>:
    host cejchan.gli.cas.cz [147.231.139.3]: 550 relaying to <pac@cejchan.gli.cas.cz> prohibited by administrator

 so this look like a configuration problem with the mail server
 (Exim3.12) that Peter is using.]