* [9fans] devkbmap.c
@ 2004-03-16 20:19 David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2004-03-16 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I included the boyd/forsyth keyboard map stuff in the
kernel.  man kbmap for details.

In general you can

	bind -a'#κ' /dev
	cat /dev/kbmap > /tmp/xxx
	edit /tmp/xxx
	cat /tmp/xxx > /dev/kbmap

I also changed /sys/src/9/boot/boot.c to automaticly
load a map if specified in plan9.ini as
	kbmap=<file>

In this case <file> has to be something you can get
at before there's a file system so you'll have to
make sure its in /boot/.  The reason it gets done
so early is that factotum starts before you have an
fs and it would be nice if your keyboard had the
right mapping when you type in your login name
ans password.

No idea of the boot change works yet.  Haven't tested
it...

As usual, my apologies to the japanese/chinese/etc.

I'll put any mapping files I get into /sys/lib/kbmap
on sources.

* Re: [9fans] devkbmap.c
@ 2004-03-16 20:51 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-03-16 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

nice one!

* Re: [9fans] devkbmap.c
@ 2004-03-17  7:18 ` Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2004-03-17  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks a lot!

Yet another local diff we can get rid of ☺

I'll change usbhid to work with this for usb
keyboards.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2409 bytes --]