* [9fans] lots of binaries
@ 2002-11-28  2:33 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-11-28  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

When you do your next pull, every binary
on your system will be updated.
(You can also use the "bleeding edge" update CD on
the updates web page, after it gets regenerated
tomorrow morning at 5am EST; it's probably
less to download.)

The binaries all changed because hardly any of
them had been recompiled since the fmt library
fixes (posted on October 18 to 9fans) went in.

Going forward, we will be running "mk release"
for every architecture every night, both to make
sure that everything builds and to catch binaries
that are out of date.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] lots of binaries
@ 2002-12-03 13:51 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-12-03 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Could you tell me where is updates page ?
> Here ?
> http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/ureg.html

Yes.

> At what time (GMT) regular update occurs ? (11:46 -4 GMT ?)

It happens every morning at 5:00 US East Coast time
(currently 10:00 GMT, until we change our clocks in April).
Usually it takes under an hour, so it's done by 6:00,
but today it didn't finish until 9:00 (14:00 GMT).

Russ

* Re: [9fans] lots of binaries
@ 2002-12-03  9:06 Ian Dichkovsky
From: Ian Dichkovsky @ 2002-12-03  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello, Russ!
You wrote  on Thu, 28 Nov 2002 02:34:30 GMT:

RC> When you do your next pull, every binary
RC> on your system will be updated.
RC> (You can also use the "bleeding edge" update CD on
RC> the updates web page, after it gets regenerated
RC> tomorrow morning at 5am EST; it's probably
RC> less to download.)

Could you tell me where is updates page ?
Here ?
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/ureg.html

Is there any information on the page about date of update CD ?
At what time (GMT) regular update occurs ? (11:46 -4 GMT ?)

P.S. Sorry for bad English.

Best regards,
Ian Dichkovsky, mailto: ntokay at org lviv net, ICQ 83146271