* [9fans] PXE
@ 2003-09-16 17:13 Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2003-09-16 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I now have a VXL Precio diskless workstation that I would like to run
Plan 9 on.  I can convince it to use PXE to boot, but I don't know
quite what's involved to make it work properly.

Right now, it looks like it doesn't even register a DHCP requests, but
I really don't know enough about PXE (in fact, I think I know
precisely nothing about PXE) to judge.

What seems I ought to know, anyway, is how I can tuck a plan9.ini
somewhere for 9pxeload to find it, if I can get PXE to load it, of
course.

Is anyone preapred to give me a crash course on PXE for Plan 9?  Or
point me to relevant documentation?

++L

* Re: [9fans] PXE
@ 2003-09-18 14:45 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-09-18 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

No documentation.  I have to finish the PXE stuff to make it a little easier.
Right now, I use PXE to get a 9load and then type the real kernel address
by hand when 9load prompts.

What I intend to do is have an extra entry in the ndb that indicates which
file to download for PXE and which for 9load.  I can distinguish using the
vendor id (or some such).  I'm on vacation but I'll finish it when I get back,
not a lot of work.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2769 bytes --]

From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
Subject: [9fans] PXE
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:13:05 +0200

@ 2004-11-07 13:39 ` Sape Mullender
From: Sape Mullender @ 2004-11-07 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rs_rlab, 9fans

> I am trying to use pxe loading. I can load 9pxeload and 9pcdisk then
> start the kernel. When 9pxeload start his try load /cfg/pxe/<card_MAC_address>,
> what I need put to this file?

/cfg/pxe/<card_MAC_address> contains the Plan9.ini file.

	Sape

* [9fans] PXE
@ 2004-11-07 13:36 Sergey Reva
From: Sergey Reva @ 2004-11-07 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)