* [9fans] Re: warning of putchar
@ 2006-01-16  1:41 党立斌
From: 党立斌 @ 2006-01-16  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I encountered these warnings while port figlet 2.2.2 to Plan 9.
And I just wonder is it normal? and why?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

> /* test.c */
>
> #include <u.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> void
> main()
> {
>        putchar('\n');
> }
>
> 8c -w test.c
>
> warning:test.c:9 result of operation not used
> warning:test.c:9 result of operation not used
> warning:test.c:9 result of operation not used
>
> three repetitive warnings

* Re: [9fans] Re: warning of putchar
@ 2006-01-16  2:14 ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2006-01-16  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

many years ago when i was sharing a place with boyd at ben buckler
i would often wake and bark "argc, argv, envp" in a stupid pirate
voice as i attempted to make coffee (we had good view of the sea).
one morning he'd obviously found my copy of the ANSI C draft and
retorted with "strrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........................chrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

i think the point to the story is i should find the kitchen and you should
probably not be using 25 year old technology and expect it to be
compatible with kenc.

brucee