* [9fans] C is me
@ 2007-05-29  7:43 Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2007-05-29  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

weren't we all in love with Candice?

ok.  well i declared a string today "/??/n:", because that's
what iomangler throws at me as a prefix, at times.

guess what the bytes are.  there is an "easy" but wrong
answer.  get out your books!  i was surprised but all is well.
work around.  so i went down the pub.

watching dudesses play tennis as you sip a coldy
is better than bashing at dumb-C.

brucee

yeah, shut up - and get over it.

* Re: [9fans] C is me
@ 2007-05-29 15:18 ` tlaronde
From: tlaronde @ 2007-05-29 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 05:43:02PM +1000, Bruce Ellis wrote:
> weren't we all in love with Candice?
>
> ok.  well i declared a string today "/??/n:", because that's
> what iomangler throws at me as a prefix, at times.
>
> guess what the bytes are.

With the trigraph if preprocessed on a non unicode (not plan9):
"/\n:"

but I guess this is the "easy" answer, and you are telling that unicode
comes in the way? (and I seem to recall that I read somewhere that
the compiler suite does not handle trigraphs---but I can't find
right now where I read that).
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde +AT+ polynum +dot+ com>
                 http://www.kergis.com/

* Re: [9fans] C is me
@ 2007-05-30  8:31 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2007-05-30  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

"Bruce Ellis" <bruce.ellis@gmail.com> wrote...
> ok.  well i declared a string today "/??/n:", because that's
> what iomangler throws at me as a prefix, at times.

Perhaps if you'd learned about trigraphs instead of griping about them,
you'd at least have suspected there could be a problem.  At least there
is a simple workaround.

P.S.  I think it was a mistake for the standard not to also provide a
trigraph sequence that expands to ?.  It would make automated
code generation easier.

* Re: [9fans] C is me
@ 2007-05-30 10:53   ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2007-05-30 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

what else should i learn, except to be surprised by them screwing with me?

do tell.

brucee