* [9fans] keyboard/mouse get lost on dual cpu system
@ 2007-12-06 23:40 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2007-12-06 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i'm building a new system using an image from April. i noticed that
on a dual proc machine keyboard or the mouse gets lost at some
point after rio starts. it never happens with only one cpu. anybody
else seeing this?

* Re: [9fans] keyboard/mouse get lost on dual cpu system
@ 2007-12-06 23:44 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-12-06 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i'm building a new system using an image from April. i noticed that
> on a dual proc machine keyboard or the mouse gets lost at some
> point after rio starts. it never happens with only one cpu. anybody
> else seeing this?

are these ps/2 or usb devices?
does killing rio solve the problem?
does ^t^t or ^p work?

- erik

* Re: [9fans] keyboard/mouse get lost on dual cpu system
@ 2007-12-06 23:57   ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2007-12-06 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

it seems related to something geoff mentioned. i think if there's mouse activity
before rio start it causes it more. the only input that seems to work
is halt via ctl-alt-del.
i'll try to repro with more detail as soon as my emergency is over.

@ 2007-12-07  4:27     ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2007-12-07  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i installed a fresh plan9 on trash ... i did venti/fossil and it still
complains on boot about various things.  but i checked the
messages and they are informative, not nasty.

i'm gonna live with it.  i don't reboot my machines.

my auth server has been going for nearly a year since it was put on a ups.

and it's P3 junk with no nothing.  well 2 X 5 year old ether cards.

the machine will die before plan9 does.

brucee