* Re: [9fans] aspiring newbie needs help
@ 2002-10-09 20:35 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-09 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Look at /rc/bin/termrc.  There's a section for
configuring your IP that's commented out.  You can
edit it and then reboot and you should get your IP
and DNS stuff set up just fine.

To learn about hget, read hget(1).

Russ

* [9fans] aspiring newbie needs help
@ 2002-10-09 20:32 diego montoya
From: diego montoya @ 2002-10-09 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

alright, so here i am with plan9 freshly installed on
my thinkpad, and no idea of how to do anything with
it. For starters, how does one use hget? Prior to
that, how does one set up the network for dns, etc. I
am on a lan with DHCP, and DNS is provided by the same
box(a dsl modem). My question is, what steps(commands)
do I need to use to be able to access the wiki from
within plan9. I love rio and acme, and I think this
could be the new thing for me, but I need a headstart.
Thanks, you guys are great.
dave cummings

http://faith.yahoo.com