* [9fans] arduino and plan9
@ 2013-09-11  8:54 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2013-09-11  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Anyone used forsyth's atmel compiler (other than himself of course)?

If so anyone tried building code for an arduino card,
This is the one that appeals to me:

http://store.arduino.cc/eu/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_12&products_id=245

I just need to do some GPIOs and even a rasberry pi and plan9 is overkill.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] arduino and plan9
@ 2013-09-11  9:55 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2013-09-11  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Anyone used forsyth's atmel compiler (other than himself of course)?

Never got around to it, but I recall building it afresh recently, I
can't quite remember how it panned out.

There's an avr-gcc distribution that is very easy to install on Linux
or Windows and pretty much without peer.  Winavr is the name for the
Windows version.  Not that I'm knocking forsyth's efforts, but if you
want immediate results, that would be my choice.

That said, the arduino software is also quite usable, despite its
roots.  Takes very little getting used to, but I've only used in a
Linux environment.  That is talks JTAG (at least, that's what I think
it does: you can program the board through USB without shedding a drop
of blood, courtesy of AVRDUDE) is definitely an asset in my book.

++L