From: "Mathieu Lonjaret" <lejatorn@gmail.com>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] exporting a namespace
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:17:35 +0200	[thread overview]

Running 9vx is not exactly the same as running a cpu/file server, be it
natively or in qemu/vmware/whatnot. I haven't managed to use 9vx as a cpu
server (although I haven't tried very hard so far) while it's pretty
easy to do what you want once you have set up a "real" cpu server.

So you might want to replace one of the 9vx instances with a plan 9
install and then follow that guide:
http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Configuring_a_standalone_CPU_server/index.html
that one might be usefull as well:
http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Drawterm_to_your_terminal/index.html

Cheers,
Mathieu

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4427 bytes --]

From: hugo rivera <uair00@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: [9fans] exporting a namespace
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:39:41 +0200

Hi,
this is probably a very basic question, but I am becoming quite
frustrated since I am not able to do what I want.
Imagine that I have 2 plan 9 installations. I just want to share a
namespace from one into the other using exportfs and import (or
whatever is needed). I do not want to authenticate the connections or
anything similar.
I did try import, exportfs, srvfs, listen, aan and maybe some other
tools but I am simply not able to access one namespace from one
machine from the other (they are really two 9vx instances on the same
machine).
I always end up with some factotum error. This is likely to be very
simple (given plan 9's nature) but I am now seriously confused with
the roles of import, exportfs, etc and how to skip authentication. I
read the man pages and some papers about file servers but I only see
complex examples and I am not able to figure out how to do it.
Saludos

--
Hugo